Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Seasons in Uganda

Oh the Lord is good and in Him is the fullness of joy. I was reading today in my Beth Moore study that "when various spokespeople and lay people who are seeding God in very different places hear the same biblical principles as a fresh revelation, we are wise to perk up our ears." Well, I feel like the Lord is teaching and reavealing to me the same lesson in different words and perspectives over the past 2 months. I still am in a processing time, but I will share more when the full revelation (or at least I can combine my thoughts into understandable sentences). But I love that forever I will be a learner and I continue to pray for a teachable and moldable heart. So, NEW SEASON #1- God is leading me into something new through His word.

NEW SEASON #2- I have prayed for over a year now that the Lord would bring me a kindred spirit in the faith- preferably and American girl in the same season of life as me (hey, there is nothing wrong with praying specifics). Although the answer has looked very different (as far as only being breif time here in Uganda), I have been blessed to have His answer to this prayer through Haily and now Jacquline. It is so so sweet to have my best friend beside me and ministering and loving the precious kids that have completly captured and won my heart. She arrived on Sat, after a few delays. But the delays made for a great excuse for Glenn and I to find a nice restraunt by the beach of Lake Victoria (the 2nd largest freshwater lake in the world) and eat BIG fresh tilapia fish and chips. And when I say big I mean tail all the way to the fish lips. Ha. So, Jac is here now, safe and sound, and it has been so fun already to get to catch up and laugh and love the kids. I can't wait to see what else God has in store. If you are interested in a different perspective, she is a much better story teller than I am, so you can check out her blog at www.aupairjacquline.blogspot.com. She has already posted her perspective of being here.

NEW SEASON #3- When you arrive at LCH you once again see little kids lined up in the morning, singing the Uganda national anthem, and wearing their green bottoms and khaki tops with long white socks. What does this mean? Term 3 has started officially and so we are back into a season of learning. The kids are very excited to be back and the competition to be the brightest in class is on, seeing as Edward has been giving rewards to the 3 best students in each class after the term has ended. This past Sat., the top students went to Jinja, saw the source of the Nile, road on a boat, and eat lots of food. The kids love it and it is very motivating to work hard during the school year.

Well, I have not yet adjusted back to the necessity of going to bed early to get up at 6 to be ready for school. So I need to sleep now but wanted to give you some updates on what is happening. More is to come later, so sit tight.

2 comments:

cathy said...

Thanks Natalie for your blog. I love them all. I read Jac's blog and I am so thankful the Lord is protecting you all! Yeah for another term at LCH and Jacqueline sounds delightful. I am so glad she is there with you!
Hugs, Cathy

Monica said...

thank you for the reminder to pray for what God desires and that it is ok to pray specifically. You and Jac are a challenge to me and as much as you are both enjoying being there I am looking forward to visiting with each of you when you are back in the states. love you lots!! Monica