Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Monday, September 7, 2009

Some News...

Well, (again) I am feeling WAY behind on posting blogs and photos of life and what is going on. Sorry about that but I have been busy.

First, I spent a day painting with Glenn. What you might ask??? Well, I am very happy to say that I have moved into a new room. I am now living in Senior Quarters (a neighborhood on the opposite side of town from Mama and Pastor's house) with 3 other American missionary girls.

Many people here have asked me why I "shifted" and the honest answer is that "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven." I still feel like God has purposed me here in Mbale (and at LCH) and the season has not yet come to a close. I have LOVED my time at the Ogenga's house and they ARE my family. But, seeing as I am getting older, it was just time to move out- whether in Africa or America, I would not stay under my parent's roof forever. :) And I am so grateful for the opportunity to live with some girls my age!! It has already been a lot of fun (I have only lived there for a week now). There have also been some funny moments and conversations from me adjusting to Americanized life in Uganda. All I have known is the Ugandan way.

These are my new housemates...Brooklyn, Jennifer, Emily, (and me). They are all with a team with the New Testament Church of Christ group that is here. Brooklyn is an intern for the next 3 months and will be painting murals, while the other 2 are teachers at the mission school.
And this is my great room. I was able to fit everything in it (surprising how much you can collect in 2 years!!) and it felt like home as soon as I put my photos up. (this is a shameless hint to send me photos of you through snail mail- my address is on the side of the page)

So, that is my big news and change for now. We had our first day of Term 3 today, so the kids are all back to school. Let me know how you are!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your room looks great! Erin was telling us about it this weekend!! Love you Nat!! Hope to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

YES!!! Thank you, thank you for posting photos. I really wish I was there! It looks wonderful Nat. I'm so happy for you. Update on life coming soon! Love you and miss you Nat!

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Your room looks so pretty and comfy. I can't wait to visit!!

Love ya, Janece