Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

(sigh)-- packing is a complicated issue

Well, I think I am about packed. I already packed last week but of course the job is never finished until it is time to run out the door. but I packed again today and it is a very tricky matter. You have to fit everything. And then you have to worry how much things are weighing. And so luckily i borrowed a scale. but then you weigh it and although i had a lot of space still, it weighed too much. so you have to shuffle things and do some more shuffling and then weigh it again. So, hopefully the airport scales take the lighter weight of things because i am right on the max for my suitcases. so i have cleverly thought what simple item i can take out and shove into my carryon if need be. denim weighs a lot so that is my choice.

And i feel i have nervious energy. Not that i have too much to do still, but i find myself feeling a little frantic about feeling like i should be doing something. And I can hear many friends voices telling me, "Just be still and relax." But since i am feeling a little frantic it is too hard to just sit still. For example, i tried to take a nap today but my mind kept racing through a million thoughts so i ended up getting up early from my "nap" that didn't involve any sleep. But really it is not that i feel nervious- exactly, but also excited and expectant and ancy. So, i guess I will just keep taking deep breaths and trusting God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy getting things ready and organizational skills are great.

Paul R

Mama in Uganda said...

Hello from Entebbe, Uganda. We are leaving for furlough in 4 days, unfortunetly. How long will you be in Uganda? We would love to meet you and if you ever need a place to stay in Entebbe (2 minutes from the airport) please do let us know. We will be returning the first week in Febuary. May the Lord go before you and give you a servants heart.
Keep your eyes on eternity.

Anonymous said...

My sweet friend...close your eyes, slow your mind, soak up all that is around you (smells, thoughts, memories, ect) and just let it all soak in...live in the exact moment that is now...calm your mind, calm your heart...I can't wait to see you. I love you so much!

photobugthatsme said...

Oh, do enjoy Natalie, do enjoy! And tell EVERYONE we say Hello! Our prayers are with you! :-)

Unknown said...

Love you and miss you already. Looking forward to your next update. : ) Hope your travels were well, and that now that you're there you're able to slow down again and calm your heart.