Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

In Route

In route… Oct 20, 2007

Well I am sitting in the middle of the Detroit airport. This is definitely a unique place. Walking from my landed plane to the international terminal I came down into flashing lights and some “earthy” music I think it was a ploy to distract you from the ¼ mile walk you had. But it was nice. You enter into a tunnel of sorts and there are “light panels” on the side, next to the moving sidewalk. As the music plays the lights correspond. It was pretty neat but I will admit that I felt in the middle of a scene from the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie.

So, I had this question all yesterday… how are you feeling? Excited? Nervous? And my answer yesterday was that I was feeling crazy in the sense that I could not define my emotions. It was a mix of everything and I was not sure if I was ready or in denial that I was leaving the next morning for another country, for a year.

Well, as I woke up this morning (the early 5:20am alarm- enough for the snooze to be hit twice before I actually had to get up) the thought crossed my mind… “Well Lord, this is the beginning of my life dream.” And then I was gently reminded that this is not the beginning. The beginning happened many years ago and this is merely a continuation of trusting and following an Awesome God with an Awesome plan who awesomely cares about ME.

I will admit that as I said goodbye one last time to my parents and Jac, I had the quiver lip walking down the hallway of the Austin airport. Tears filled my eyes, but overwhelmingly I felt at peace. And since then I have been excited and peaceful. I can’t wait to see those kids. I am eager to see how God will use me. I anticipate trials and times of feeling homesick, but I rest in the undeniable evidence that God has placed me here at this specific time for this specific purpose. Praise God that He is completely trustworthy.

So, I am about to venture again around the airport. Maybe I can find some ice cream for one last time. It’s ok, I am moving to Africa for a year (ha, this has been my excuse for ice cream almost every day this week. What can I say, I really like ice cream).

And Praise the Lord that all 5 of my checked pieces of luggage were under the weight!! I was really worried about them because they were very close to the limit. I have way too much stuff but hopefully it will all be used. You never know what you can’t get there.

So thank you for your prayers. When you read this I will be somewhat settled in and beginning my new season of life as a teacher. And- some have asked if it is too late to send in support money. The answer is NO. Please send it in (to Midland Bible Church) because I am still in need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I will start calling you Ester my friend! "For such a time is this..." I am so encouraged by your undeniable leading and direction of where He has placed you. It has truly been like a story from the Bible of how precisely He leads those whom He loves. And it warms my little heart to know that He is leading me everyday! I have too found a peace that He is SO in control of my everyday daily life (redundant, but true). I love you my sweet friend! ~Jacquline