Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Refreshing...

Last week I had a wonderful time at a retreat center called Mto Moyoni (meaning streams of life). It was right on the Nile River and so the view was beautiful.

This was my favorite spot to rest, be still, and know that He is God.

Our little bandas that we stayed in. I went by myself but met some new friends while I was there.

The monkeys were very funny and I watched them play everyday in the trees, chasing each other and looking for food.
And there was time for some fun.
I went through what they call their Transformation week, so there was some teaching- searching out ungodly beliefs, etc. But God is faithful, and most of the issues/topics that were discussed at the retreat, He had already placed on my heart in the past few weeks. Overall, it was a very refreshing time to be renewed and have uninterrupted time with the Lord.

1 comment:

Jacquline said...

wow... I had lots to catch up on... thanks for always blogging Nat. I love to see pictures of what God is doing in your life!

Know you are loved and hope to talk soon!