Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday time...

I am about a week behind, but here are some events of the first part of holiday.


We had our roommate Christmas celebration, complete with plastic bag wrapping and accapella Christmas carols.
No, not wine, only water in a wine glass.

Brooklyn is a wonderful artists and drew this photo of one of the boys at the children's home in Kenya.



You might be wondering why we had Christmas so early... Sadly, Brooklyn went back to the USA last week. We had a nice goodbye dinner with the girls at our favorite Indian food restaurant.I have also had some time to hang out with my Ugandan sisters. Phoebe, Fiona, Winnie, and me before dinner.

After taking the girl photo, Glenn jumped in too.

It is always a special day when I get to put on my gomas. This time I did it all myself without any help from Jaja or the girls. (The gomas is about 6 meters long and you have to fold it in accordion style and then time on the belt). I am here with my friend Linda. Week 2 of holidays coming soon...

No comments: