Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Monday, December 1, 2008

Life

Wow. December first all ready! I really can't believe that. Time does fly so fast.

Well, I had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving. Monica and I started the day with a 5 mile run. We did the Turkey trot with about 12,000 other Austinites. It was fun. The day before, Monica invited me to come with her to a friends because we were all tie-dying tshirts for the race. The morning of, we met up together but quickly got seperated as some wanted to run and others wanted to walk. I was the only one that ended up running the whole way (time was 53 min, which included time to stop and visit a family that I knew that was also doing the race).

We had Janece's side of the family over to our house and had all the Thanksgiving works. I was definitely grateful that I was not in charge of all the cooking this year. So, I ate way too much but enjoyed every bite. We even had a little presentation time, where my cousin gave his school speech about is ancestry to us. It was very cool because he was named after his great-uncle who was killed in the line of duty as a soldier (way back when) and so part of the presentation included old war letters that were written home. I guess I have never heard any letters about someone I was somehow connected with. I personally was able to relate and I liked that. I also was able to show the DVD I made about my time in Uganda. It was probably the 20th time that I have watched it, but I still have a huge smile on my face as I see the kids at LCH. I just can't help but grin.

Then Janece and I ventured out on Black Friday and made a full day of shopping. Who knew I could last so long in so many stores (about 8 total). But we successfully found all the decor needed for our bare kitchen walls.

I was trying to document some things in my journal last night and I was amazed at how many formal opportunities the Lord has allowed me to boast in His name already. And there are only more to come. I have never felt like much of a public speaker, but I guess it makes all the difference if you are passionate about what you are speaking on.

This week I am car-less, but I have much preparations to do for my upcoming garage sale. Yep, well it is more like a warehouse sale, but not with my stuff. The Flacks have donated a whole warehouse full of stuff for me to sell so I am very eager to see how much I will be able to add to my support money.

I am still in touch with Glenn over in Uganda and he tells me that everything is going well. The kids are in their final week of school for this school year (their school year begins in Feb and they have 3 terms). So, they are taking exams and eager for their upcoming, long holiday. I think about the kids everyday but don't miss them as much as the last time I was in the states because I know that I will see them again soon. They are so sweet and that will be a great reunion.

Well, nothing more is really happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all