Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I like to think I am becoming an amature photographer...

I just got my "fancy camera" back from being cleaned and I was very eager today, while the weather was not too cold, to get out on the streets of Austin and take some photos. I really like taking shots of people, but still feel a bit shy and intrusive blatently taking their photo. So i have this technique of holding the camera at my waist, pointing it at the person I want to photograph, and then pretening like I am looking somewhere else as I blindly snap the shot. Needless to say this is not the most effective method. But i did realize a trick that i can take more "artsy" photos by purposely tilting the camera a bit, which corrects the unintentional tilt that normally happens by making the tilt intentional. Ok... so here is what i got today.
One stop I made was at the Capital.





This is where the legislation meets.


And while I was there, there was a group dressed up singing Christmas carole's so of course I sat on a bench and listened. What a delight.




Now for other sights in Austin...








The Hike and Bike trail is my absolute favorite part of Austin!!



At Mayfield Park




I had fun playing with my fish-eye lense. Unfortunately my photo-shoot got cut short because I had to go to an appointment. But there are many more great sights of Austin to capture and I hope to do that soon.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. G

Anonymous said...

i agree your idea ! very nice blog

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!