Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Friday, November 21, 2008

Give me words to speak...

Well, I have been blessed the past 2 weeks to have been able to borrow a car. So, seeing as my ability to move about past where my feet can walk me, I have used my time wisely. And the holidays are coming so many weekends are occupied by wonderful family events.

So, in the past few weeks God has been very faithful in allowing me the opportunity to boast in His name and the work He is doing at LCH.

My first appearance of public speaking was at Flatonia Baptist Church, where my Granny goes and makes sure I am on their weekly prayer list J. It was a Wed. night fellowship and I had a lot of fun getting to speak with them. Monica, my sister, also was there which was so good to have her support and advice as to what to do different the next time. It was really great to see my Granny and Bob and just catch up on life. Also, the sweet little dog, Gracie, that I inherited from my mom and then had pass on to my aunt when I graduated college (due to life plans not really fitting with having a dog). Little Gracie has been living with Granny and she was still just as cute as ever with her little snaggle tooth smile.



Yesterday, I went a Christian school in San Antonio and was able to speak at my good friends, Kimo and Kim’s, class as well as 2 other classes. Most of these classes were little 3rd graders that ask the greatest questions so I enjoyed talking with them a lot. And then I spoke to my largest crowd so far, a group of college students at Texas State involved with Crosstalk. This was great because some people involved with Crosstalk were in Uganda this summer and started their own non-profit (ichooseyou.net) to help the kids in the neighborhood behind me who go to my church there. They are also having a benefit on Friday and are using some of my photography to decorate and sell in an auction (I also will have a few that I can sell for my own personal fundraising). I feel kinda like a professional photographer now. Wow, blown up, displayed, and auctioned. Awesome.



In addition to speaking engagements, I was also sponsored to attend the Walk to Emmaus, which was a weekend long spiritual retreat. Without going too much into it, it turned out to be such a blessing and refreshment to my heart. I witnessed the most beautiful display of love and the closest feeling of heaven that I have yet experienced in my life. Thanks again Angie and Derrick for making the weekend happen.

I was also able to spend some time with my beloved Beelers and have been organizing a warehouse full of stuff that was donated to me to hold a garage sale.


So, needless to say I have been a busy woman. I am really looking forward to the holiday week of Thanksgiving so that I can just spend time at home with my family.

5 comments:

Sarah Patrick said...

Nat...thanks for the update! miss you!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE having you home. Love you Nat!

Eddie

Natalie said...

tester

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈