Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Monday, November 3, 2008

A story about Pops-to-the-cops



So, I wish you all could spend some time with my Dad. He is so great but such a weirdo at times. You really never know what he will come up with next. For example: On Halloween afternoon I saw him peeping over the fence talking with someone. He comes back inside and says, “Hey Nat, I just met the neighbors and they invited me to their party. Want to go?” Well, no. But then later I walk into the garage and see Dad and Monica acting suspicious at his work bench. I walk out and they turned their heads quickly to see if I was coming. So I asked what they were up to and Dad said that they were making his costume. Well, all I saw was an old hat and some thick masking tape. Monica had cut a piece and Dad instructed her to write “Nn” on it. Then he taped it to the hat.

Of course we both look at each other thinking, “Ok, Dad is crazy.” Monica asked what it meant and he proudly replied that we must guess. We had no idea and told him it must be inappropriate if he won’t tell us. He insisted it wasn’t but kept telling us to guess. “WE DON’T KNOW, DAD!” He pulls up his pants really high and says, “I am the Neighborhood Nerd. N-N.” Wow. Who knew he could be such a dork. Then Janece pulled up and he tried to make her guess. When she had failed he told her just as proudly as he told Monica and I, as if it were the best idea of a costume because 1. he made it up and 2. he didn’t have to spend anything on it.


Needless to say, he went to the party solo. Ha. I love my Dad!

1 comment:

Sarah Patrick said...

i love your pops, he really is a "nn" Tell him I say HI!