Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life...

And the winner is....
We are officially on holidays now. On Friday we successfully handed out reports and sent the kids off for a nice holiday (well you don't really send them far since the home is right there, but the school is just trying to be official.) I thought I would share with you the top 3 students with the highest marks (grades).

P6: Emma O, Anthony W, Naster C
P4: Brenda Nabwire, Dinah, Brenda Namakoye
P3: (results yet to come due to a family illness of the teacher)
P2: Patience, John, Abel
P1: Sandra, Shadrak (Wycliff), Sarah Kainsa
Tops: Gift, Noora, Naula Rose
Baby: Davis, Samwirri, Flavia and Esther (one of the village children)


Glenn's Birthday
We went as a family and some friends out for Glenn's 26th Birthday. Whole fried tilapia and chips, yum. Then we came back home for chocolate cake and gifts. Overall it was a great night.



Want a Snack?
I wrote about the white ants last week or so, but here are some photos of what I was talking about. The kids cover the holes with plastic bags and then shout at the ground to try to lure the ants out.
Dell the Cat
This is the newest addition to the family. Mama came home with it a few months ago when it was in the village. To kill anything they sprayed bug spray on it over a course of 3 days. Then, having mercy on the dirty kitten, I gave Dell a bath and we have been friends ever since. Really this is not just a normal cat, but rather an attack cat. It strategically hides behind the plants in the courtyard and as you pass by it wait for the opportune time to jump out and pounce on your foot with serious teeth out. Ha. It is cute but dangerous. But Dell brings me happiness and lots of laughs with his funny activity. I found him in my empty flower pot today.





Henna
So, there are quite a few Indian (from India) here in Mbale, but surprisingly I don't often see them with Henna. I was eager to try it when I had the opportunity. The lady, about my age, was really creative with each of our designs and very precise, seeing as she did this all free-hand. It only lasted a week, so I don't know if I will get it again, but it was cool when I had it.






Well on the way...
The new wing of the school is in the process of being built. They have layed the foundation of the whole building and will hopefully began pouring the slab and building the walls during holidays. I went out to take a picture, intending to write something about how Jesus is the cornerstone, but the builders moved quicker than expected (from the time I left the day before to the next morning when I had brought my camera). But I did find this amusing.



I love these kids. They are my joy and delight and I praise the Lord every day for the way He shows me His love through them. My life will never be the same!!












bu

5 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good blog.
Portugal

Kimberrykim said...

Nat,

Your kids are super cute. I like your blog alot. Thanks for clarifying that the Indians were from India. I was totally picturing feathers and teepee's. Hope all is well! Kim

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what Erin says about that cat...It was fun to see one of our kids we have got his name on there for top grades:) glad you are getting a break and getting to hang out with the kids...we were at FCA weekend these past few days and Erin and I were talking about how we had been trying to call you...hopefully we will get through...love ya Nat,
Ash and Bret

Jacquline said...

GREAT PICS NAT.... post more!!! Loved your short stories... I am not sad I missed eating white ants, yuck; I am SOOO proud of Emma, Anthony, and Naster... tell them "Great job!" from me!!! Also tell Glenn, Happy Birthday!!! V's bday is coming up next weekend too maybe we will go for talapia and chips, oh wait... Greeks only love Greek food (but for good reason I guess I should say it is quite good)!

Talk again soon friend! I love you!

Anonymous said...

The baby kitty...I love Dell. You should let him sleep with you. He looks snuggly. Ash is right. We have been trying to call and it doesn't always go through. I will keep trying though. I have tons to update you on!

Have a great time on holiday. Miss you and love you Nat!
Eddie