Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The count down begins

Maybe because today is the first day of Oct, which has seen so far away, but the mental thought has been ignited that my days here in Uganda are very numbered. I won't lie, it makes me a bit emotional thinking about leaving. I love these kids. With all my heart I really love these kids. And although I look forward to being home, I can't imagine life without seeing these kids everyday. In reality, they are what I know of my life right now and I love it that way. So to have some months at home without them is already lonely to my heart.

So, here are my prayer requests as this new season approaches closer and closer. (Oct. 16 I will arrive in Austin).

Please pray for my heart's transition back to the US. Also for the details of "visiting" home... such as a cell phone, a car to borrow, how to occupy my time. I am believing God that He will open doors to share the story of the kids to some big-time executive buisness person and that that will be the start of something new. I don't know exactly why that is in my head, but it has continued to be there. And pray for the Lord's provisions for funds again and the opportunities that I have to speak, that my boasts would be only in the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how your life is! First u were in Texas stuffing youre bags full of stuff and making trips to the store to "stock up", then to leaving and meeting those sweet kids, then having US visitors, and even having internet in your room, and now youre coming back to US soil! I really thank God for all His faithful love towards you and answered prayers:) I know He will greet you with the same love and faithfullness He met you with in Africa. so great!

Kimo said...

Oh man! I can hardly wait to squeeze you and give you some Mmmah! I love you, Nat, and am praying for you!

Kimo