Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thoughts...

I have been in a weird mood the past few days. I think it is because it is the first time in about 3 weeks that i have not been on the move. But it is also weird because i feel like everyone has come and gone. It was a taste of being back home, in America- surrounded by friends that i am familiar with from home, staying at the hotel and eating food that is like from home, having conversations that had familiarity. I had gotten very used to being a Ugandan Mzungu, used to doing things on my own, used to being a minority. But my time with all my visitors was such a blessing and so fun. So I wouldn't trade it for the world. But it was as if America was in Uganda for a brief 3 weeks and now has gone back across the ocean.

I am SO grateful to have people that I live with and work with being so open and like family to me. I definitely am NOT all by myself and am blessed with Glenn that I get to do things with. I guess I am just on "detox" from visitors. Ha.

Other random thoughts:
- rainy season is officially over, but the past week it has rained at least half of the week. A heavy down pour and then it is gone.
- I have seen Kampala 6 times in 3 weeks. Mama and Pastor are awesome for the continual traveling they do ALL summer long, hosting teams.

-Eph 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places."

I am doing the Beth Moore- Believing God study and this was what I was on today. God has freely given, bestowed, pronounced blessing upon His children. And not just any blessing, but EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING in the HEAVENLY PLACES! How unworthy am I for this. But what is more amazing is that His blessing does not always mean that I get what I am wanting, but part of His blessing is a restriction from what I am wanting. Although at first this seems bad, what a HUGE HELP that is that He doesn't give me what I want but what He knows is best! And the power in His blessing is not that he just thinks it, BUT that he uses HIS voice and in the words he speaks- power always comes forth. The Lord has spoke blessings over me. I am humbled and amazed and definitly still absorbing this thought. Am I deserving? NO. Can I think of a million reasons why this should not be? YES. But "How great a love the Father has LAVISHED on us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are." (1 John 1:3). He is good and my sustainer. I praise Him for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love hearing your thoughts Nat. What is also amazing to me is that I have been learning the EXACT same thing this past month or so. To know and trust Christ is to rejoice in the things that may seem hurtful or not the way we would orchestrate them. He is gracious in calling us children of God and that alone proves He gives us His best. I praise Him for that too Nat.

Love you.
Eddie