Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Secret Pleasure

I have a secret pleasure. I know it is silly to even let you know but it is something that I am not proud of but really enjoy. (ha- I have your attention now I know). To my happiness I get to indulge in this secret pleasure every Tues and Thurs. It is not food. And maybe some of you also have the same secret pleasure, but now I am letting everyone know and I am not ashamed…

I have become addicted to American Idol. Ha. And it is so fun to get to watch it with everyone in my house every week. This season is really good. We started from the very beginning interview processes and now are into the serious competition. If I were voting it would be a tough call between David Cook (the rocker) and Jason (with dreads)- who I later heard is an aggie- even better.

I guess that my viewing is behind season with your viewing- well I am pretty sure because this Tuesday it was the show from april 1. You might even know the winner now, but please don’t tell me because tonight they are narrowing down to the top 8 contestants. Ha. I just thought it was funny last night as we were all sitting around, in the dark because the power had gone out, hoping for it to return in the next 15 mins so that we wouldn’t miss American Idol. Who cares about eating in the dark or taking a cold shower because there is no power for the water heater, but we did NOT want to miss the singing. Oh the joys of simple pleasures.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

NAT-
That is awesome you watch american idol. We always talk about it on the way to school in our carpool. We all like David Cook a lot too and its not over here yet either!! That is so funny though that you guys watch it over there! Love you and praying for you Nat,
Ash and Bret

Jacquline said...

I loved reading this story...I had so many other ideas of what you were about to confess as your secret :) I might admit that I was a little disappointed to find out that it is American Idol...even though I starting watching it (despite my better judgment) in NB because it was on 2x week at my house and I got sucked into the socializing. But I can relate because I don't watch any tv here and I miss the ridiculous Grey's Anatomy, I know...maybe even worse than American Idol, but at least mine isn't reality tv ;)

Love you and miss you friend!

Monica said...

nat, Now I will think of you even more often...Katie and I watch American Idol every week, sometimes at the Thompsons with Lori too! Brings a smile to my face to think of what your 'living room' that you are watching it in looks like! love you, Monica

Anonymous said...

I love that Nat. It makes me feel connected to you knowing that you are doing the same thing we are 2x a week. They just narrowed it down to the top 4 last night. David Cook is my favorite! Miss you Nat. Always praying.

Eddie

Sarah Patrick said...

NATALIE!!

I was just getting caught up on your blog and I have to confess I have the same "secret pleasure" too. =) With our friends here in LA we get together and watch it too. This is what the 7th season and I am now just starting to watch it! Derek doesn't really care to watch it that much, but is very willing anyway. The two David's are my favorite but we will have to wait and see. That is so great that you can watch "American" Idol in Africa, kinda funny!
love ya,
Sarah

Kimo said...

We just watched the final 3 on American Idol. I won't tell you who it was, but it was good! The finale is next week! Love you. Miss you. Need to chat. Soon!