Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sorry for the delay

SO, I wrote a long entry of sorts last night but did not save it to my memory stick to put it online today. But I wanted to post something so that you know that more information is coming. So, until then (hopefully tomorrow if power permits) then here are a few things not mentioned last night.

I am grateful that God has given me an unexpected kindred spirit in the faith. It is one of the teachers at the school and we don’t have much in common except our love for the Lord and passion to seek and serve Him. I sense that God is starting something big through us and I am excited to partner with her in prayer, daily, over the children at LCH.

I had a really great time with the girls at home last night. They were visit in my room began with studying and ended with playing a question game. It was fun to get to hear each of their perspectives and to laugh with them. Nuruh is taking her final examinations, which seems to be equivalent to the SATs to get into university. So, I have been able to give her encouragement and cheer her on as she spends the next 2 weeks taking cumulative exams over everything she has learned in all of her schooling.

Holidays are going to start soon. I think in 3 weeks. This means that the household will go from 13 to 17. Wow. That is a lot of people. But it also means that there will be many stories told from those away at boarding school and always something going on.

A funny theory that I heard was that the mosquitoes that come to “sing” to you at night are only coming to tell a lullaby. It is the silent ones that carry malaria. I don’t know the truth in that but I try to stay away from them all, none the less.

Much more will come the next time I post. Thank you for staying in touch and praying for me and the kids here.

4 comments:

Jacquline said...

I am so excited for your new friend at school, it is truly an answer to prayer. I just wanted to say that I loved and missed you dearly! ;) Love, love, love you my friend!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Mary and I are so glad you have settled in and God is using you to mininster to not only the children, but also the staff. Have you been able to obtain the books we asked for? Rob Marshall will be there in a couple of weeks and he will bring them back to us. Please check with Edward about this. Have a great week.
Mike and Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie It's 12:45 am Friday,11-16-07. Kinda late for your granny to be writing you a note but I just read your latest posting.We are both doing good.Bob got his new R lens today& the L one did not need changing so he has great vision now and this 2nd cataract surgery on Oct. 16 turned out perfect from begining to end & he is so pleased!! I will send you a regular email soon.I am O.K.too. Jamie just found out she is having a boy the last of March '08. All thought it would be a girl but Sean never gave up hopes for a boy so they are having to tie weights on his feet to keep him on the ground!! Sonogram showed a perfect baby at this point which we are all thankful for.Goodnight and sweet dreams,and know thatall your family loves you very much. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Nat, PLEASE PLEASE stay away from the mosquitoes...lullaby or not. That seems shady. As I type, I am praying...

"Lord, please no malaria, please no malaria, please no malaria..."

Love you,
Eddie