Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And the ball is rolling again...

Well, first off I think I am the only one who has visited my site, but hopefully that will change when I make people aware that it is here. I still want to document the work that God is doing so that all boasts can go to Him. I have been home for over a month now and have been feeling a little stir crazy and honestly fighting frustration daily. Since I got the invite from GICF I felt like all doors have been opened and all permissions have been granted, but nothing was happening. With the practical steps of getting me to Uganda, there was no movement. Well again, as always, God continues to teach me to trust and wait (sometimes it is forcefully). He is faithful and He works in His timing. Well, I talked with Mr. Bobo tonight and got some great answers to my MANY questions. Things are a go and hopefully I will have a flight booked by the end of the week. Wow. So, one month left.

As I think of leaving in Oct, the realization comes to me that Christmas with my family will be something I miss. But, it is kind of exciting because I know the Ogengas sometimes go to the beach in Kenya for Christmas (since it doesn't get cold there). That would be an adventure and change of pace.

ALSO- i have had an awesome time since I have been home getting to speak at various places. It started with sharing at MBC right when I got home, since they were highlighting the teams trip and church plant, I also got to tell about LCH. Then I got to speak at my Granny's Wed. Night fellowship dinner and prayer meeting. I can't tell you how sweet it was to see how proud my Granny was. She lives in a small town and put my name in the bulletin every week to be prayed for and then had me as a praise report when I returned. So there were so many people who came up to me. Praise God for the body of Christ and how we are each VITAL in this thing called overseas missions. And my most recent speaking engagement was at Christian Academy of San Antonio where some of my great camp friends work. I got to share with a 3rd grade class, two 5th grade classes, and a 6th grade class. They are so sweet and ask the greatest questions...
girl: "Um, Miss Natalie... do the kids have some sort of disease that makes them bald?"
Me: "No, it is sort of part of their uniform"
girl: "(Gasp) No way Miss. I would NOT cut my hair!"

It is kinda weird to think that I am a "missionary speaker". In all honesty, the whole idea of being titled a "missionary" is kinda weird because people hold such an unreal "super christian" standard to that name and that is not how I feel. I am just plain old me, who is often the only one laughing at my own jokes and commonly uses more sound effect than words to speak, and has a love for the kids at Lulwanda that only the Lord could give. Praise Him because He is SO SO good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey friend - I've been checking your blog - so you have at least one reader! :-) I'm so excited to read about what the Lord does through you in uganda! Keep us updated and know we're praying for you.

jackie_ag04 said...

lol! i love the part at the end about how we tend to view missionaries as super-Christians. it's really true - and then i loved how you say "I'm just plain old me." Nat, you're so humble. i think you are "super" spiritual. :) i don't know very many people who love Jesus as passionately as you do. :) it's an encouragement to me constantly, and i really mean that.