Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Catching up.... part 1

Hello, here I am... still alive :)



I have been putting off this blog for so long now because how do you even begin to catch up on all that has happened in 4 month (or whenever my last post was). It is funny how I can have such great ambitions to post every week and tell witty or insightful stories of life here and then.... life happens and I live it and never get around to writing a blog about it. 

So, instead of feeling the "I should have done this or thats" then I am going to summarize the summer Team season in picture to catch you up a bit on what has been going on (not in any particular order of the actual occurrence of events). 

TEAMS, TEAMS, and MORE TEAMS. May through August is our busiest season with visitors and teams coming from the States to bless our children and staff at LCH. As the program coordinator, this is one of my main roles and responsibilities- to plan for and host the teams. And what a blessing they have been. 

But first, look at these sweet faces. I just love them so much!


Youth from Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church visited Lulwanda and held devotions each afternoon with our whole school. 
Global Journey travels the world each summer and we are lucky enough to be one of their stops. I had a blast having them at LCH and hosting them in my home. 


MDPC doing a skit for The Good Neighbor Day

Mbale town scavenger hunt. Just how many people can fit onto a piki piki at one time?

I hope you enjoyed the music video from the previous post. We had a blast filming it with Rockstarz Entertainment


An afternoon outing to the beautiful Sissyi Falls with the Books are the Beginning team. 


Musicians always find one another. These are three talented musicians. 

Stay tuned for more updates of this summer. But in the mean time, did you know that I write an activity report every month for the GICF website? Check out more details of what I have been up to here.

No comments: