Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Special Project

To my friends, ministry partners, and blog followers,

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior. What a wonderful God we serve! It is almost beyond my comprehension that I have lived in Uganda for close to three years. How faithful He has been.

I have seen the hand of God over and over in the lives of the children and staff at Lulwanda Children’s Home and in my own life. I count it an honor and privilege to have been deemed of use in the work God is doing in Mbale, Uganda.

As many of you know, for the past two years I have been serving at Lulwanda Children’s Home Primary School as the phonics teacher.

I have seen great fruits from my labor; students in the upper classes are now able to sound out and read any word they come across, even if it was not a rote memory word from their earlier years of study.

I am also pleased to let you know about a new opportunity to switch from teaching phonics to taking on new responsibilities. I have accepted the position of Program Coordinator for LCH. I will be playing a more active role in collaborating and organizing different programs for the school, home, and clinic. In addition, I will take on a larger role of hosting visitors and keeping sponsors connected. I am very excited to see what God has planned for me in this new position.

In light of this new position and a deepening commitment to call Uganda home, I now have a need for my own car. I am inviting you to be a part of this special fundraising project. In order to get a trustworthy and durable car, I am aiming to raise $13,000.

As many of you experience everyday, a car would allow me the freedom of mobility. I would use it to travel the 25 minutes to work, to run work-related and personal errands, to travel to church and other ministry activities, and it would make evening-time discipleship and fellowship possible with other households in the missionary community. In addition, my own car would decrease/eliminate my dependency on the transportation of others, of the overcrowded van, and of public means, therefore allowing me a more reliable, safe, and time-conscious means of transport.

I have committed to the next step of being a long-term missionary and feel that my own car is necessary to aid me in fulfilling my duties. Would you prayerfully consider joining me financially in this special fundraising project?

Thank you for all your prayers and support. May God bless you.

Faithfully serving,

Natalie Rolfe


To partner with me in this special fundraiser, please make checks out to MBC with “Natalie Rolfe-car fund” in the memo line. You may mail your check to:

Midland Bible Church
2800 N. A St.
Midland, TX 79705


or drop it by the church office. Your gift is tax-deductible. Thanks again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog Nat. Love how good you are about updates. So exciting to read about you are doing and where you might be headed. think of you much.