Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I spoke too soon...

No need to fear, but sharing so that you can be praying for me. I am sick with Malaria. I didn't feel normal yesterday, got tested, but the test came negative. So, i went home, but over the night I had awful body fatigue and chills. Today, my sweet roommate stopped at the pharmacy to bring me some medicine before church. Better safe than sorry. So, I believe (in Jesus' name) that I am on the road to recovery. It just isn't fun to feel this way. Again, NO NEED TO WORRY. I am being treated and in good hands. Though malaria seems scary from an American perspective, it is VERY common here. Just pray for quick and full recovery.

But it has given me a new perspective and sensitivity to the hundred or thousands that live in the village and are too far from a clinic to get tested or treatment. Lord, have mercy on these people. You alone are the doctor of all doctors and can heal with or without medicine.


On a VERY DIFFERNT NOTE--- but while I am thinking of it...

Please be collecting old (or new) bathing suits for our kids. Specifically, the size for 9-14 year olds. I have enjoyed taking the older kids swimming, and they look forward to it. BUT the hotel has a "strict policy" that the kids must have proper swimming "costumes". I don't know how long I will be able to ride on their grace for the kids to swim in tshirts and shorts. So, as you are wondering what to do with last years suit, think of LCH.

No comments: