Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Friday, March 28, 2008

Sipi Falls

Last week there was a visitor in town and at the end of his trip Glenn and I got to take him to Sipi Falls. It was so beautiful! We did a little bit of hiking and it was nice to feel back in my “element”. Plus I have heard much about the falls but had not yet had a chance to see it for myself so I was very happy to have this opportunity. As we were hiking under the falls and through the rocks, I was amazed at what a beautiful God that we have. Truly ALL creation sings of His beauty and majesty. I can’t imagine life without an awareness of his goodness and presence. He is awesome!



1, 2, 3, jump. This was the boy’s bathing hole, so having had my experience in Cameroon with water-sliding in what turned out to be the boys bathing hole, I was a little reluctant to get very close to take this picture, but I just couldn’t miss the moment.

A lady washing her clothes at the top of the waterfall.



We got to hike into a “cave” behind the falls.



4 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pictures Nat....Loving and missing you lots!

Maybe we can go hiking in Sipi Falls when I come visit!!!!

XOXOXO,
Jac

Anonymous said...

Man God is awesome...those are awesome pics of HIS creation...glad you didnt get too close to the bathing hole:) Love you Nat praying for you friend
Ash

Kimo said...

So the pics of the water hole take me back to such a great time that was completely worth all the "obudu" that came after! Thanks for taking me back there! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kimo. That's the first thing I thought about (the "obudu") when I saw that picture. It looks gorgeous!
Love you nat!

Eddie