Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Monday, April 22, 2013

Fatuma and Siraji visit my Home in Austin, Texas

One of the highlights of my time in Texas was getting to spend a few days with Fatuma and Siraji in Austin, at my parent's house. For years they have graciously hosted me in their home in Uganda; it was nice to return the gesture.


We had a wonderful fun filled couple of days.  Here are the highlights in photos.
Austin, Texas
Hike and Bike trail
A jumping dog drinking out of the shower

A huge thanks to TbarM Camps for inviting us to come for the morning and play on the ropes course.



I love volunteering at Angel House soup kitchen when I have free time in Austin. They have been a great encouragement to me and were eager to meet some of the children who I talk so much about.

The kids enjoyed seeing how creative God is, even under the ground at Inner Space Caverns.



I feel very blessed that Janece has been able to come to Uganda to visit me and my friends at LCH twice. But it was a great delight to have my Dad meet these kids and see them interact together.

And we had fun just being around the house.



Target practice with the bebe gun. Fatuma was practicing her best stance :)
And in case you were wondering, we were all pretty bad shots.


One of my best memories is seeing the big smile on my Dad's face when Fatuma told him, "Papa Paul, everything you make to eat I just love!"

The Lord is so good for giving us these great memories together.

No comments: