Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Other happenings...

So, I cannot properly see my photos to be able to make comments of what is happening. Brief overview: This is the last week of holidays for the kids (and me). I have really enjoyed this break and made the most of my time. Finally having some time to catch up on my reading, I have finished the first 2 books of the Chronicles of Narnia series and thoroughly enjoyed my morning coffee and time in the Word going through 1 Thes. Thanks to a wonderful care package (from my old housemate Brooklyn), me and my housemates made tie dye shirts together. It was really such a fun day. I couldn't wait to see the final outcomes at the end of the day. And, the last group of picture are from when I took the P5 and the hard workers at the Home swimming at Mt. Elgon Hotel. It was so much fun. The kids were quite brave this time- allowing Jarod and I to hold them in the middle of the pool while they tried putting their face and holding their breath under water. We had a wonderful day. And while we were there, another group of kids came (who are part of another ministry here in Mbale) and David Lucky looked over and said to me, "Look! There's my sister, Gift!" What a fun reunion.
















2 comments:

Jacquline said...

Awesome pics Nat... look so much fun and I have to admit I had no idea you were an expert tie dyer, your shirt looks professional, seriously!!!

Love you!

Erin said...

I LOVE the pictures of the kids at Mt. Elgon. Nice to see that Jesus for President made an appearance as well! I just finished a book that I think you will love and relate to. "Gold Cord" by Amy Carmichael. I borrowed it, but now I want a copy of my own. Let's talk about it soon!

Love you and counting down the days!!