Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Thursday, March 11, 2010

This and that.


I had forgotten about these photos on my big camera. Some are from LCH and the others are from around my house in Senior Quarters. I like to take a walk in the evening and see what I might be able to shoot. I hope you enjoy.


My dogs, Bandit (the big one) and Daisy
My favorite bird in Uganda, the Woodland Kingfisher.
It has brilliant blue wings with a bright orange beak.

Flavia

Notice the girl jumping in yellow.
She was trying to take down the laundry but was a bit too short.

Hanging around.

Ivan, Florence, and Sarah

Our seamstress, Mama Flower (Margret)

Gift

Usually all cards turn into a game like war, but
I taught them the REAL rules of skipbo and they loved it!


The simple pleasures in life.


Sunset over the maize field.

A "Piki Piki", (aka motorcycle taxi), a common mode of transport

Matoke- plantain like bananas

The view, from my street, of Mt. Wanale

Sweet Daisy.

3 comments:

Jacquline said...

Nice pictures Nat... I like the fish eye ones :)

I bet Meli and Daisy would play for hours! And I actually miss matoke... and you make the best gnuts I ever tasted!

Love you friend!

Sarah said...

beautiful pictures!! thanks for sharing with us. The girl jumping to get her laundry was great, did she know you were catching her in the act? I also liked the view from your road!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures make me miss Mbale and you friend. The piki piki reminded me of the time I violated our taxi driver because I was holding on so tight :)

Love you!