Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Monday, August 25, 2008

Give thanks in all circumstances

There are times, here in Uganda, that I just have to force myself to eat something because I know that my body needs it. Not because the food is bad, just because it is always the same thing… STARCH and PROTEIN. Rice and beans, Matoke and meat, posher and gnuts. Where are the vegetables??? AHHH! Don’t we know about the 5 food groups?

Those were my feelings today at lunch as I forced down the matoke and beans. (Dad- don’t even think of making beans when I come home!!) And in my great annoyance today I also realized how ugly and ridiculous my flesh can be. Hello?? Give thanks in all circumstances and especially for any food that you get in Africa because there are tons of starving kids that I see everyday that would love to eat my food! Oh, who am I that God is mindful of me? Especially when I can be so ungrateful and so bratty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could hear your voice and just see your face when you were writing this post! Miss you Nat.

Love you,
Eddie

Anonymous said...

sometimes were still just kids in grown up bodies:)

Anonymous said...

Great reminder...thanks Nat...thankful we should most def. be:) Love ya,
Ash

Anonymous said...

Nat,

I know Chuy's is first on your list when you get home. Start listing your favorite meals and I will start planning the menus!

Love, Janece