Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this : to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

If I had dreads...this is what I would look like...

So, being here and seeing all the ladies with their hair braided, I decided that it was time to see what I would look like with my hair braided. (Plus, since last summer when MBC came and many girls got their hair done, but I did not, my Ugandan friends have been asking me when I was going to go completely “Muganda”- one of the tribes here). So, here it is. I went to the salon on Sat and sat of six hours while a lady “plaited” my hair. I will admit it was a little painful at points, and it feels kinda like small snakes coming from my head. But all in all I think it is kinda fun and I might do it again. But the bad news is that I can’t wash my hair, so my head is beginning to itch. So, enjoy the laugh of the photo.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome!!! Bret is now wishing he had his dreads again:) LOVE IT!!! Love ya Nat
Ash and Bret

Anonymous said...

HAHA!!! I LOVE THEM NAT! I was also noticing that you look skinnier. Are they feeding you Nat?
Love you,
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Your hair has always been waivy but those curls are tight. It looks good on you.
Love Dad